Promote an awareness of the UFO phenomenon, through hosting monthly public meetings, sky-watches, conferences, workshops and UFO investigation training.
Our By-Laws (Terms and Conditions) apply to members and non-members.
Our aims are:
- Examination and analysis for the veracity of images and videos that are suspected of showing UFOs
- Provide an open forum for people with interests in UFOs
- Collect and publish UFO sighting reports
- Organize sky-watches in Sydney and Dubbo (over weekends) using Dr Steven Greer CE 5 protocols
- Periodically host an UFO Investigation training
- Provide support for those who believe they have had extraterrestrial contact
- Encourage contactees and abductees to share their experiences and meet others with similar experiences
UFO Research (NSW) was established at a public meeting on 10 November 1991, with this Business Name registered in NSW, Australia until the Association was incorporated.
The group was one of the first UFO groups in Australia to launch a public website in 1995.
On the 26 April 2007 UFO Research (NSW) became an Incorporated (Inc) Association (INC9887379) under the New South Wales (NSW) Government, Australia, Associations Incorporation Act 2009. The registered legal name therefore was changed to UFO Research (NSW) Incorporated. The Association is governed by rules that comply this Act and are documented in our Constitution (640 kB pdf document). The Act is administered in NSW by Fair Trading. Under the tax legislation in Australia the Association is assessed as a non-profit company (Australian Tax Office Guide NAT 7967).
The third and current website (WordPress) was launched on the 1 March 2015.
Our Youtube Channel was launched on 10 May 2015. Our speakers’ presentations, at meetings since May 2015, can be viewed on our Youtube Channel.
The MailChimp management of the email news updates with website integration, started in September 2016.
The history of the Association, to the present date, may be viewed through our website, using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. The first archived snapshot of our website occurred on 27 December 1996, click on the year in the horizontal menu and then a highlighted date in the calendar to view the Association website at that date.
Australia and New Zealand have a rich history of public and private UFO organisations, see UFOinfo.com for current UFO Organisations in Australia.
‘The New South Wales (NSW) Spotlight on UFOs’ article by Bill Chalker covers UFO research history in New South Wales, Australia. In addition, Keith Basterfield has complied an extensive history of South Australian UFO research 1953-2017.
2017/2018 Executive Committee Members
- President: Vacant
- Vice President: Maree Baker
- Meetup Group Organiser: Maree Baker
- Secretary and Facebook Co-editor: Maree Baker
- Media Spokesperson: Doug Moffett Mobile: 0428 985 050
- Treasurer and Membership Secretary: Anthony Clarke
- Public Officer of Incorporated Association: Anthony Clarke
- PayPal Account Manager: Anthony Clarke
- UFO Sighting Reports: Anthony Clarke and Maree Baker
- Technical Support, Filming and YouTube Channel: Paul Kretzas
- Facebook Editor: Reg Dare
- Website Management, YouTube Channel and Technical Support: Anthony Clarke